Accounts of an L.A. native's favorite places to shop, eat, live and just wander in the town where anything's possible. ;)




Monday, October 08, 2007

CLOVER

There are days when I pine to go to Clover. I'm having one of those days.

Clover is one of my favorite boutique shops in Silverlake, an artsy-kitschy area between Glendale and Hollywood. There are Saturdays when I plan my afternoon around how I can make a pit stop at Clover. Part of that is because I can never make it there after work before it closes, since it's on the other side of town.

Silverlake is one of those I-could-get-lost-here areas (Burbank is another one) -- and I mean literally get lost. That Sunset junction, hill, streets cutting off bit can get confusing. I've lived here my whole life but I'm so bad with directions and geography :(. Nonetheless, I like Silverlake for its quaint boutique shops and real independently owned coffee shops and cafes (more on that another time ;)

When visiting a friend that lived in Silverlake, I passed by this store on numerous occassions without ever setting foot in, always wondering what goodies lay inside. I finally made it there a year or so after driving past it without stopping in. Aside from the designer denim, (which I would rather buy at a sample sale or a Fred Segal sale), they have unique brands, beautiful tops and sweaters that don't make me look cookie cutter anymore. There's a newly expanded menswear section, with denim and jackets, and before then, they had a wonderful baby section, where I bought a Chinese Zodiac onesie for a co-worker.

Aside from clothes, Clover also has accessories, housewares, kitchenware, and fragrance and beauty items as well. Their sales are also very awesome, especially when they go to 50% off.

My favorite Clover find thus far is a 3/4 sleeve wool jacket/blazer by Tulle. I tried it on, on a Saturday, and decided to buy a green sweater instead. I found myself calling the store on Monday, putting it on hold, and leaving work early and rushing over to pick it up before the store closed. That's how obsessed I am.

No comments: