Accounts of an L.A. native's favorite places to shop, eat, live and just wander in the town where anything's possible. ;)




Friday, November 02, 2007

Fall Backwards

Happy Friday! What a long week it's been. I'm heading out this week to San Diego -- very excited! I haven't been on vacation in a year, and although SD is only 2 hours away, it's still nice to get out of the city once in awihle.

I'm so excited for the Nantaka Joy site finally launching. :) Check out her blog (linked on my READ list, too) for great design ideas, cute product recommendations, and just a fun read. Joy has my dream job --she designs stationery in her own home with the company of her cats :). Actually, my dream job is to actually open a stationery shop. That sorta reminds me of Meg Ryan in You've Got Mail. I was also excited to find out that Joy was Thai :D. Yay!! It makes me even more proud. I'm genuinely in love with the designs of the notebooks -- the colorful designs and the beautiful lettering. I am in love. :)

It makes me think of the way I feel when I go into my favorite stationery store. If they gave out punch cards for stationery stores, I would've filled up at least three of them. Pulp (what a fitting name) is on La Brea Ave., between 6th and 3rd. There are times when I haven't gone to Pulp for awhile and I get giddy and excited (I know, I'm a nerd) for all the new things they've received. I want to run through the store, and simultaneously, take my time and peruse through the whole place. I stock up on birthday cards here -- you never know when you'll need one!







These are a few of the ones I bought recently. My favorite one is what I call the Domo Arigato one -- the one of the little boy bowing thank you very, very deeply.

Its sister store, Il Literature is also another store I love to visit for one of a kind jewelry pieces, baby gifts, and kitschy home products. They carry lovely Hobo International bags and wallets, Dogeared necklaces that I love, and handmade rings and earrings that I have to resist the urge not to by them all. The last time I was there, I bought a soap dish that I turned into a business card holder -- so cute. :)



PULP 456 S La Brea Ave Los Angeles, CA 90036 (323) 937-3505



(Il Literature is two doors down. Parking on the street and complimentary valet in the alley.)

**And don't forget to set your clocks back an hour on Sunday!

No comments: